Writing prompt: When the Cat's Away the Dog Will Play

 One day Melanie told her Golden Lab, Luke, that she had to take the recycle out. So she took the recycle out and closed the door tightly behind her, so Luke wouldn't run away. Now let me tell you that the look on her face was just priceless when she tried to get back in the house only to find it locked, by Luke, himself! 

    "Ahh, great, just great! I left my keys and phone on the kitchen table. What do I do now?" Melanie said, in disgust. "Wait, a minute." 

    Now, while Melanie comes up with a great plan, most of you might be wondering... doesn't she have a back door? No. She lives in an apartment with only one door. Now back to Melanie.

     "My Apple watch can call people. Let me call Jack." Melanie exclaimed. So she called Jack, he had just gotten to work, but came back to unlock the door for Melanie and was on his way back to work. 

    Luke had just been barking the whole time as if saying "Look at trick I just did, but I can't undo it." 

"Luke you bad, bad boy." said Melanie. 

    Will this happen again? I can't say anything except for stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Luke sounds like an ingenious pup! I can't wait to read about more of his adventures!!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing your thoughts too!