Writing prompt: The Paper Monster Strikes!

Ella and her family decided to take a ride to the Summerville Mall and just look around one sunny day. Their dog, Daisy, had to stay home though. She ran hide under the bed, as if she was saying "Nooo, don't leave me here! I thought you loved me. You have betrayed me." After a lot of coaxing and maybe a treat or two, Daisy went into her cage and the family left. 

    When they arrived at the mall, they first had to get their grandma into her wheelchair and help her inside. Ella walked into the mall and the smell of pretzels and pizza wafted through the air. 

"Pizza, pizza," said her younger brother, Mark. "Let's look around." said their mom. After they visited a  JC Penny and a shoe store, Mark said "Pizza, pizza. I want pizza." "Can I have pretzels?" asked Ella, as her tummy rumbled. "It's lunch time, so why not. Let's get some food." said their dad, as they walked to the food court. And so they got their food and they started to eat. 

A couple minutes later in a disgusting voice Mark said "My pizza has onions!" 

 Now let me tell you this pizza did not have onions, it was pepperoni pizza. 

    Ella looked lifted the pizza to look for the "onions" when her mom said "Oh my gosh, Mark, there aren't any onions, you were eating the paper plate!" 

    Sure enough, a good piece of the plate was missing and teeth marks were visible on the plate.

    "Mark, you are the paper monster!" 

                        The End

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! The paper monster sounds like he was very hungry!! How else could he eat paper without noticing? I enjoyed this funny story.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing your thoughts too!