Writing Prompt: The Showdown

 Melanie was enjoying a cozy day at home, when she started to get hungry. So naturally she got up and went to get some fruit from the kitchen. Luke, her Golden Lab, was happily sunning himself by the windows. 

Now most of you know that dogs don't sun themselves, cats do, and Luke certainly isn't a cat. Back to Melanie.

She was cutting a peach, when she heard a hiss and a growl. She walked into the hallway only to find Luke and Jinny, her cat, having a showdown! 

"Hiss hiss, this is my territory. I own the house," meowed Jinny, but all Melanie heard was meow, meow, and did I mention meow. 

"Growl growl, this isn't your house, you should know that. It's my house. Our human may pay something like taxes, but we allow them to live here," growled Luke, but again all Melanie heard was woof and woof. 

"How do you know about taxes," questioned Jinny. "I've heard her talk about taxes," Luke barked.  "How about we settle this with a fight, whoever wins, gets to own the house," Jinny meowed, sinisterly. 

"Aww, you two are talking to each. Come, let me give your lunch." Melanie said, happily. 

"Woof woof, lunch!" barked Luke, as he trotted alongside her. 

And so the showdown was postponed, so stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing your thoughts too!