The Secret of Red Gate Farm by Carolyn Keene (178 pages)

 Summary 

It's a lovely day for Nancy Drew, Bess Marvin and George Fayne, who have just finished shopping and are on a train to River Heights when a young girl faints! When the girl, Joanne Bryd, regains consciousness, she tells the trio about trying to get a job to make money to save Red Gate Farm. After not getting the job, Nancy, Joanne, Bess and George go to Red Gate Farm for a little vacation and unravel a different kind of mystery. 

Opinion 

I think this plot is lacking. Instead of a clear mystery, I found this one confusing. The story moves slowly and the author gives some evidence and clues, but not enough to make it easy to understand. I also got confused when I found out that the Black Snake Colony was the center of the mystery. As much as I like Nancy Drew, the plot of this one was disappointing.

Rating

**(2 stars)


At this time, Blogger.com does not have a subscribe button available. Feel free to follow my Blog by using the button on the left side bar or simply check back every Sunday for a new review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing your thoughts too!