Misty of Chincoteague by Marguerite Henry (173 pages)

Summary 

The wildest horse on Assateague Island is the Phantom. Nobody could nab or capture her. Pony Penning Day is when cowboys try to tag horses. Paul Beebe and his sister, Maureen, really want to capture the Phantom. They are very lucky to not only tag the Phantom but her newborn colt as well. Since they caught both, they have to pay for both. Do they have enough money to pay the fee? 

Opinion 

Even though this is a Newbery Honor book, I didn't particularly care for it. I found it to be slow and lacking in adventure. It was also confusing and loaded with details. If you decide to give this book a try, please write me a comment and let me know what you think.

Rating 

*(1 star)


    At this time, Blogger.com does not have a subscribe button available. Feel free to follow my Blog by using the button on the left side bar or simply check back every Sunday for a new review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing your thoughts too!